Sunday, February 27, 2011

I have been on face book for a very long time now. It has become second nature, a natural part of my life.  I stay in touch with friends and family which is all so good, but lately I have had the chance to experience the wonderfulness of face book.
A couple o f months ago I hooked up with a close friend of over 25 years who I had lost touch with,  I am not sure who friended who but since then we have had a chance to catch up, get together & remember. 
Now, just this week I had a friend request from another friend I knew & worked with  (again) over 25 years ago.  At first I had no idea who was sending the request until I read the message.  She had married and her name had changed, but with a short reminder and a couple of emails later it all came back in a wonderful flood of memories.  I knew her mom, she knew mine.  Sadly and coincidentally we both lost our mothers three years ago.
We are catching up now.
I still have friends who refuse to join the fb movement.  To them I say you are missing out on endless opportunity  to contact and reconnect. 
And for my other friends who have yet to embrace the internet.  Let me know when you are ready and I will be there to help you get started. 
Because some of these moments are too good to miss, too good to forget and wonderful to be reminded of.
Joan Culbert
Pinksky Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment